The extranet system of the
Maryland Police and Correctional Training Commissions.
The Maryland Community Crime Prevention Institute
The Maryland Community Crime Prevention Institute provides
"Crime Prevention for the 21st Century", a series of free crime prevention training presentations for community, business and law enforcement.
MCCPI provides training on a variety of crime prevention topics. Should your agency or organization be interested in any of these topics, contact the Maryland Community Crime Prevention Institute to discuss available resources.
- Law Enforcement
- Residential Crime Prevention Programs (4-day)
- Commercial Crime Prevention Programs (5-day)
- D.A.R.E. Entry Level, Expansion, and In-Service
- Co-Sponsorships of workshops on prevention related topics.
- Community Groups, Business, etc.
- Personal Security
- Residential Security
- Commercial Security
- Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design
- Community Policing
- Violence Prevention
2017 Awards Book (PDF)
2018 Annual Governor's Crime Prevention Awards Nomination Forms
Governor's Awards Instructions (DOC)
Category A Nomination (DOC)
Category B Nomination (DOC)
Category C Nomination (DOC)
Category D Nomination (DOC)
Category E Nomination (DOC)
MCCPI also provides on-site technical assistance to organizations and communities desiring to organize or to further develop a crime prevention or community policing program. The Institute can assist you in developing strategies specific to your needs in many ways.
- Mobilizing Communities
- Revitalizing prevention efforts
- Building partnerships
- Networking with crime prevention specialists
- Facilitating workshops & seminars
- Providing technical and educational assistance
- Crime Prevention
- D.A.R.E. services
The Maryland Community Crime Prevention Institute offers training for law enforcement officers in assessing security measures for both Residential Homes and Commercial/Industrial sites. Officers are then equipped to conduct vulnerability and risk assessments with the resident or business representative and provide feedback and recommendations for improvements in the interest of reducing the opportunity for crime and victimization.
The Institute serves as a resource center for crime prevention information in Maryland. Reference materials and audio-visuals are available for loan upon request. FREE crime prevention brochures are available in limited quantities. A number of brochures are available online in PDF format as well.
Partnerships & Coalitions
MCCPI participates in many crime prevention coalitions, partnership, committees and networks at the national, state, and local level. The Institute supports such organizations as:
- National Crime Prevention Council
- Maryland Chiefs of Police Association
- Maryland Sheriffs Association
- Maryland Crime Prevention Association
- Maryland Coalition Against Sexual Assault
- Maryland D.A.R.E. Officers' Association
- Mid-Atlantic Regional Community Policing Institute
- Maryland Network Against Domestic Violence
- Maryland Triad/S.A.L.T. Network
- Maryland Elder/Vulnerable Adult Abuse Prevention Committee
The Institute supports, promotes and facilitates several special crime prevention projects each year. Among them are:
- National Crime Prevention Month Campaign (October)
- "National Night Out" Campaign (August)
- National D.A.R.E. Day (April)
- Maryland Vehicle Theft Prevention Campaign Hotline (1-800-96-THEFT)
- TRAINING CALENDAR
- TRAINING RESOURCES
- ONLINE REGISTRATION
- LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT INSTITUTE
- PAROLE & PROBATION
- POLICE TRAINING
- FIREARMS TRAINING FACILITY (FTF)
- DRIVER TRAINING FACILITY (DTF)
- PCTC AGENCY DIRECTORY
- ELECTRONIC LEARNING
- PARTNER ORGANIZATIONS
- TRAVEL DIRECTIONS