Correctional Partners Program
Vendor Links (PDF)
Maryland Correctional Administrators Association Objectives
It is considered desirable that there should be an association of the administrators of local and state correctional facilities throughout the State of Maryland in order that the membership can:
- Meet regularly to develop and advance the principles of modern corrections.
- Establish unity and consensus among local and state correctional administrators on matters concerning their respective operations.
- Propose and/or comment on relevant legislation.
- Promote and assist in the development of minimum standards for the operation of inmate programs and correctional facilities.
- Obtain representation on public and private policy making bodies which facilitate the effectiveness of correctional programs.
- Promote and encourage the development of staff training resources and training programs.
- Coordinate the collection and analysis of relevant data and sponsor research.
- Encourage and promote the development, implementation and refinement of effective community release, alternatives to incarceration and reintegration programs.
- Assist the various jurisdictions in the development of appropriate and adequate correctional resources.
- Coordinate technical assistance between correctional agencies.
- Encourage advanced levels of knowledge, expertise, initiative and integrity in the various aspects and elements of corrections throughout the State of Maryland.
- Awards scholarships to individuals pursuing careers in criminal justice and professional development through the MCAA Scholarship Foundation.
Revised August 2009
Webmaster: Cindy Reisberg