The extranet system of the
Maryland Police and Correctional Training Commissions.
The Maryland Community Policing Institute offers training for law enforcement officers in assessing security measures for both Residential Homes and Commercial/Industrial sites. Officers are then equipped to conduct vulnerability and risk assessments with the resident or business representative and provide feedback and recommendations for improvements in the interest of reducing the opportunity for crime and victimization.
Home Security Survey: Focuses on doors, windows, locks, lighting, alarms, cameras, exterior environment, security habits, and operation ID.
Commercial / Industrial Security Survey: includes all the security features as the Home Survey, but expands the assessment to include safes, security room, robbery protection, cash and inventory control, external and internal theft, key control, and operating procedures.
- Commercial Security Survey
- Commercial Security Survey (pt.2)
- Home Security Survey
- Home Security Survey (pt.2)
The Maryland Community Policing Institute has a number of brochures available in PDF format. These are available for download below.
- TRAINING CALENDAR
- ENTRY LEVEL TRAINING
- ONLINE REGISTRATION
- PCTC CONTACT LIST
- TRAVEL DIRECTIONS
- MD POLICE AGENCIES & POLICIES
- PARTNER ORGANIZATIONS
- TRAINING RESOURCES & PROGRAM APPROVALS
- DIGEST OF CRIMINAL LAW
- TRAINING - SPECIAL POLICE
- ELECTRONIC LEARNING
- DRIVER TRAINING FACILITY (DTF)
- FIREARMS TRAINING FACILITY (FTF)
- LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT INSTITUTE
- MD COMMUNITY POLICING INSTITUTE
- PAROLE & PROBATION