The extranet system of the Maryland Police and
Correctional Training Commissions.
Digest of Criminal Laws
This online document contains only a small portion of the laws
of Maryland. Its intent is to provide an abridged version of the laws for Police
Officers when working. It should not be considered the only source of information.
Portions of some sections have been edited or summarized. When in doubt about
the actual language of the law, refer to the Annotated Code of Maryland.
Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Digest of Criminal Laws 2021
Digest of Criminal Laws 2020
- Digest of Criminal Laws 2019 (PDF)
The Digest of Criminal Laws is a publication of the Police and Correctional Training Commissions.
To place an order for the current year’s Digest, click here.
- TRAINING CALENDAR
- ENTRY LEVEL TRAINING
- ONLINE REGISTRATION
- PCTC CONTACT LIST
- TRAVEL DIRECTIONS
- MD POLICE AGENCIES & POLICIES
- PARTNER ORGANIZATIONS
- TRAINING RESOURCES & PROGRAM APPROVALS
- DIGEST OF CRIMINAL LAW
- TRAINING - SPECIAL POLICE
- ELECTRONIC LEARNING
- DRIVER TRAINING FACILITY (DTF)
- FIREARMS TRAINING FACILITY (FTF)
- LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT INSTITUTE
- MD COMMUNITY POLICING INSTITUTE
- PAROLE & PROBATION